A genuine 1965 Lotus Cortina, complete with V5 registration document.
FIA HTP valid until July 2018, period F, class CT8.
Built into a FIA appendix K compliant racing car by ourselves in 2013 on a genuine Lotus shell, taken back to bare metal. Repaired, strengthened and fitted with new aluminium bonnet, boot and door skins. Painted in the classic Ermine white with Sherwood green stripes.
- FIA certified Robinson Race Cars weld in 6 point cage with door bars, dash bar, roof bar and rear cross
- Latest spec JS Motorsport FIA engine, one event since full rebuild
- JS Motorsport built, close ratio straight cut gearbox, JS Motorsport built Tran-X limited slip differential, both one event since rebuild.
- Advanced Fuel Systems FIA approved bag tank housed in aluminium container
- Bremax bespoke wiring loom
- Koni dampers to our own specification
- Corbeau Pro XL FIA seat, in date until June 2017, Willans 6 point harness in date until end of 2018
- Lifeline Zero light weight fire extinguisher system
This Lotus Cortina was built using the best available parts and has been maintained by Raceworks Motorsport since. It has benefited from continuous performance development and has the race results to prove it.
In 2016, as well as boasting a 100% finish rate it achieved an overall win in the BTCC Celebration race at Donington Historic Festival, where it also finished on the podium in the U2TC race. Driven solo by the current owner, it finished 4th in the super competitive Silverstone Classic U2TC race.
This Lotus Cortina is offered for sale in genuine race ready condition with an additional set of magnesium spare wheels.
Ready to compete at the front in U2TC, Masters pre 66 Touring cars, HSCC Historic touring cars, Classic Sports Car Club and the BTCC Celebration.